Sunday, September 17, 2006

Blue Note...

OK here is my sorry butt, at the Blue Note Lounge ( The Real Blue Note not one of those Yuppie joints on TV and Films). The Cage was not up this night.

Mississippi Dick Hudson on Background Vocal, and Jammin' Johnny Vass ( The real Deal Guitar Man, on the Hummingbird).

I forgot to use my secret, Just for Men shampoo that night.

The Blue Note Lounge is now officialy closed and it is a shame if you never walked on it's Gummy Floor. The food was great if you are a sobriety challenged person. I will miss the ice cubes with their carbon laced diamond look and the faint whisp of molded rainbarrel water (E-coli couldn't even survive here).

To quote an old friend Henny Youngman, "...the checkout girls name was Rocko.".

The urinal was so small if you used the urinal by the door and somebody walked by to get out they owed you a dinner.

The waitresses were sweet girls (I may run into them again so I am being good here)

If someone liked you they either would stand in front of you screaming the wrong words to the song out of key, or the girls would dance in front of you trying to seduce you with there drunken stare, and they usually looked like David Brenner with boobs...only older and with more tatoos.

The aroma of stale beer and watered drinks though dulled the senses, it's the way of nature to protect you.

I will say they had a blues jam that did feature some super talent and bands that had some of the top people in music sit in with them. It would be crass to mention their names here because they were always good to me.

I post it here because my brother Pete put this on his website so.... Here is his Fabian look back in the sixties playing a guitar I don't remember him having. Anyway he is playing in Dover, New Hampshire once a week and having a blast. I won't mention Biddy Mullgans unless they pay me a fee.

Figure I have to post my bad with his good.

Later... Jimmy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic!!! No cage? Sounds like a real Blues Brother's type of a place.

More photos!!

Sun Sep 17, 10:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jimmy T said...

Hi Danny,

Only worse :-0 I will if I can find some printable.

Jimmy

Mon Sep 18, 10:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter