Friday, November 03, 2006

Swamp Thing...

Steve Bissette kind of defined Swamp Thing through Alan Moore's writing for me. It had an organic look much like Bernie Wrightson. Although that is difficult to convey to comics, Tottleben did an excellent job on Steve's pencils. Sooooo...Having stared at a page that looked difficult to tackle I took hold of a #2 W&N brush and went to work trying to capture that sureal and organic look.
As you can see it is a little difficult but I hope I at least came close.

My apologies if it did not.

See you next time...Jimmy

1 Comments:

Blogger keith champagne said...

This is the type of page that is really hard to look good while inking it. One, because Tottleben added so much to the finished art in terms of mood and texture and two, because Bissette is very loose and hard to ink and three, you're inking some kind of psychedelic trippy image here.

For what it's worth, I think this is a solid enough job. By comparison, it's not Tottleben but let's face it: no one can ink like him, his stuff is absolutely unique. But I think you solidified the art and to my eye, there's an 'independent' feel to inks which contributes to the psychedelic quality of the image. At least to me.

Nice job, Jimmy. You're becoming very versatile, working in a wide variety of styles. I like your inks over Jesus, too.

Keith

Fri Nov 03, 07:53:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter